He entered the world of mountaineering when he was 18 years old. His first ascent was Agua Volcano, since then he has performed over 400 ascents all over Guatemala and many other ascents in other countries (Spain, Canada, Mexico, Perú). Edgar is dedicated to promote the natural richness in Guatemala through offering adventure trips all over the country to locals and visitors. His favorite activities are hiking, kayaking, rafting, caving and visiting archaeological sites.
General administrator, logistics coordinator, instructor and mountain guide.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN GUATEMALA
As a main guide and tour coordinator he has:
• Guided tours on 33 out of the 37 volcanoes of Guatemala.
• Guided tours to other main destinations in de country:
• Taken groups to explore these caves: Bombil Peck, Jul iq, Actun Kan, Caxlampon, Lanquin, Rey Marcos, Kan Ba, Chicoy, Candelaria.
• Shown travelers Mountain Bike Trails around Atitlan Lake, Izabal Lake, the María Tecún route, at Los Cuchumatanes, from Todos Santos a Jacaltenango and the one that goes from Lanquin – Cahabon – Semuc Champey.
• Carried out successfully rappelling tours in: La Rinconada and Los Amates Waterfalls, Caxlampon, El Boquerón, Bombil Peck, Jacarandas de Cayala, Finca Concepción, Edificios de Ingeniería USAC.
• Guided kayak adventures in: Río Dulce, Bocas del Polochic, Atitlan Lake, Amatitlan Lake, Ayarza Lagoon, Calderas Lagoon, Sarstún River, Canal de Chiquimulilla.
• Realizado Rafting en: Río Cahabon, Río Nahualate, Río Coyolate.
• Directed hikes along Mayan Archaeological Sites such as: Zaculeu, Iximche, Mixco Viejo, Quirigua, El Chal, Naj Tunich, Tikal, Uaxactun, Mirador, Tintal, La Florida, Yaxha, Nakum, Topoxte, El Naranjo, Takalik Abaj, Rio Blanco, El Sotz, Kaminal Juyu, Dos Pilas, Aguateca, Ceibal.
Coordinated, trained clients and guided international expeditions to:
– México(2004, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019) – Ajuzco (4,100m), Nevado de Toluca (4,800m), Malinche (4,600 MSNM), Iztaccihautl (5,300m), Pico de Orizaba (5,750m).
– Ecuador (2006, 2012 and 2014) – Guagua Pichincha (4,800m), Rucu Pichincha (4,794m), Iliniza Norte (5,126m), Iliniza Sur (5,248m), Cayambe (5,800m), Cotopaxi (5,900m), y Chimborazo (6,310m).
– Argentina (2008 and 2011) – Mount Aconcagua de 6,962m, without local guides or porters.
– Perú (2013, 2016, 2017 and 2019) – Expeditions to the Cordillera Blanca in which, without guide assistance, the Trekking de Santa Cruz and Trekking de los Cedros, Trekking to Laguna 69, Huayhuash Trekking, as well as the ascents to the snow-capped, Urus (5,495m), Ishinca (5,530m), Maparaju (5,326m), Vallunaraju (5,686m), Mateo (5,150m), Pisco (5,752m) , and Huascarán Sur (6,768m).
Other tours in Spain (2009, 2017 2019) Pyrenees and Picos de Europa, USA (2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019) White Mountains, The Adirondak Mountains and eastern Canada, Mont Blanc and Cervino in Sept 2019.