Pacaya Volcano is one of the most visited volcanoes in the country and is 2.552 meters high. It is located between the departments of Escuintla and Guatemala.
Did you know that Pacaya is a large volcanic complex with five peaks? This tour takes you along the geological history of our planet as a great adventure live.
The average visitor to the Pacaya only reaches the plateau that forms between the active cone, called McKenny, and other extinct cone, known as Cerro Chico. But there are 3 more from where you get amazing views of the surroundings.
In this private tour of Pacaya Volcano we take you to all five of its summits. It doesn’t take long to see them all in one day.
|Whats Included||What to Bring||Tips & Advice|
* Difficulty: Low / Medium – We catalogue it as a 4 out of 10.
* When: Year round – The best season is between November and February.
* Group Size: Minimum 2 people / 30 Max.
* Will there be, more people in my group? No, this is a private tour.
* Is it good for kids? We accept kids 7 years old and up for this trip.
– Day Hike
06:00 Trip to La Soledad Town from Antigua Guatemala
08:00 Start of hike
09:30 Arrival to the summit (if allowed by CONRED) and tour of the complex.
12:00 End of descent and start of the trip back to Antigua
14:00 Arrival to Antigua
Prices are per person
– Adult – $105
– Kids – $85
If your group has 5 people or more ask for our discounted prices
– Backpack $5 each
– Headlamp $5 each
– Local carrier 25lb $20 each
– Lunch Box $10 each
The prices above mentioned include:
– Experienced guide/s – The amount of guides depends on the size of the group.
– Comfortable transport to and from your hotel in Antigua Guatemala.
– Entrance fees for the national park.
– Hot chocolate or tea.
WHAT TO BRING
– 2lts of water and/or gatorade
– Warm clothing (temperatures might drop all the way down to 0°C)
– Meals (1 breakfast, 1 lunch)
– Boots or sport shoes (not new ones)
– Warm clothes for protecting yourself in case it gets cold
– Headlamp and lantern – Even if it is a day tour
– Water resistant jacket
– Alcoholic drinks
– Pack everything inside of dry bags or plastic bags in case it rains.
– Try not to wear clothes made out of cotton. Polyester is better.
– Don’t consume alcoholic beverages 24 hours before the tour. You don’t want to be dehydrated before you start.
– Don’t bring any jewels or valuables.
– No guns.
– Let’s try to not contaminate – Carry back down all of the trash you produce.
– Guatemala might be considered a tropical country but it can be really cold up there. Don’t underestimate our warnings regarding the warm clothes.
– If you choose not to do the tour with us please hire some other guide. We don’t want anyone to get lost.
Contact us to start planning your private tour to Pacaya Volcano