Montecristo Volcano is one of the bet kept secrets of Guatemala.
Aside from its many waterfalls and dense cloud forest you will be able to find a wide variety of birds such as resplendent quetzal. This makes the Montecristo volcano and reserve a place to add to your list of must visit places in Guatemala.
During this trip you will walk among this humid and almost virgin mountain complex and camp in it. The place has been well preserved and isn’t crowded with tourists yet. You also get to do some rappeling on one of its waterfalls. If you prefer you can simply swim on the natural pools under it.
DIFFICULTY: Moderate. You don’t require any previous experience at rappelling.
– DaY 1
– Night trip from Guatemala City or Antigua to Esquipulas Town
– DaY 2
– Ascent to the camping area
– DaY 3
– Morning ascent to the summit of the volcano
– Lunch at a local eatery
– Visit to Esquipulas town
– Trip back to Guatemala City or Antigua
– Entrance fees to the National Park
– Fees for the camping area
– Rappel equipment
** Do you want us to include all meals? Let us know what you want to eat and we will send you a budget.
WHAT TO BRING
– 50 litter backpack – (Put all of your clothes inside a plastic bag)
– Head Lamp and extra batteries
– Breathable and comfortable clothes for walking
– Warm clothes for the night
– Sleeping bag
– Water shoes
– Trekking boots (not new)
– Water – 2 liters per day
– Food (1 breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner and snacks)
If you don’t have a tent, sleeping bag or backpack we have some for rent.
– Alcoholic drinks
Contact us to start planning your private tour to the Montecristo Reserve and Volcano
Phone: (+502) 3402-2563 | (+502) 5717-6023 | (+502) 5839-9203