Ipala is located in the Department of Chiquimula, about 165 km east of Guatemala city.
The Volcano has a height of 1,650 meters aove sea level and has a beautiful lagoon in its crater, is a point of great interest in eastern Guatemala for locals and visitors due to its accessibility and beauty. The lagoon is mainly supplied with water from seasonal rains and is surrounded by a lush cloud forest ; It allows to observe variety of flora and fauna of the region , including an endemic species of orchid.
The ascent to the volcano is easy, convenient and secure. During this private tour to Ipala Volcano you will have to do an easy one hour ascent. After that we arrive at lovely flat area where we will camp. You then have the rest of the day to relax, swim in the lagoon or tell your guides to take you to explore the surrounding forest.
This is a great activity for people of all ages.
Difficulty level: Low/Medium
– Trip on a private bus Guatemala City or Antigua G.
– Ascent to the camping area.
– Hike to the summit.
– Bus trip back to Guatemala City or Antigua G.
– Entrance fees
– Tea or hot chocolate at camp
** Do you want us to include all meals? Let us know what you want to eat and we will send you a budget.
WHAT TO BRING
– 50 litter backpack – – Put all of your clothes inside a plastic bag
– Head Lamp and extra batteries
– Breathable and comfortable clothes for walking
– Warm clothes for the night
– Sleeping bag
– Trekking boots (not new)
– Water – 2 liters per day
– Food (1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner and snacks)
If you don’t have a tent, sleeping bag or backpack we have some for rent.
– Alcoholic drinks
Contact us to start planning your trip to Ipala Volcano
Phone: (+502) 3402-2563 | (+502) 5717-6023 | (+502) 5839-9203